Playing drums in an ensemble is my first and is my greatest passion. I enjoy the practice of learning my part, contributing knowledge and skill to the group, collaborating and delivering a performance for people. My brain is built a certain way where drumming came naturally to me. The instant gratification from early successes drove me to develop the craft and understand the art of making music. I’m good at it and remain inspired to improve.
My digital marketing career began by building websites to promote my bands online. This work uses the same parts of my brain that make me a good drummer. It combines science with art, analysis with action and discipline with exploration.
Digital marketing and drumming are professions with many parallels. Exploring these parallels is an exercise that focuses on my learning style to see if I can unlock barriers and accelerate learning.
If the left-brain is logical, analytical and objective, and the right-brain is intuitive, thoughtful and subjective, then my brain is ambidextrous.
I’m very strategic, highly analytical and a tenacious problem-solver.
Digital Content Strategy and Planning, Search Engine Marketing (SEM & PPC), Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Web Analytics and Reporting, Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG), Website Development and Usability, Website Governance, Content Management Systems (CMS), Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Marketing, Public Speaking and Presentations, Brand Management, Content Marketing, Team Leadership and Development, Multi-Channel Marketing, A/B and Multivariate Testing, Email Marketing, Lead Generation Marketing, Marketing Automation, Video and Rich Media Marketing, Social Media Marketing
- Website analysis: Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Search Console, PageSpeed Insights, MOZ SEO, Yoast SEO, Siteimprove, Crazy Egg, WAVE Web Accessibility Evaluation
- Digital advertising: Google Ads, Facebook Campaigns, LinkedIn Campaign Manager, Twitter Ads, AdRoll, Bing Ads
- Web content management: Kentico, Magento, WordPress, Formstack, LiveChat, SendGrid, CrowdRiff, YouTube, Vimeo
- Remote collaboration: Microsoft Teams, Zoom, Skype, Monday.com, Slack, Dropbox, Basecamp, Google Suite (Drive, Calendar, Meet, etc.)
- Additional: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Adobe Creative Suite, digital audio and video software applications
I can be the quietest drummer you’ll ever hear and the loudest drummer you’ll ever need.
- Diverse musical styles (folk, country [alt, old-time, classic], pop, rock [all kinds – hard, acid, stoner, heavy, southern], heavy metal, funk, disco, soul, swing, Latin, fusion, avant-garde, musical theatre
- Live performance / entertainer
- Session musician
- Artist coach and confidant
- Servant to the song
- Big set of ears
- Great internal clock
- Tiny suitcase drum set
- Vintage Rogers and Ludwig drum sets
- Rock drums in sizes ranging from 8″-24″
- Tower of snare drums
- 200 lbs. of cymbals